Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cupcakes! (Are you in any way surprised?)

So... I've decided to go gluten free. It's been a long time coming but last night I ate a biscuit with dinner and, after my stomach was done screaming at me, I decided the time had come. Do you know what has gluten in it? EVERYTHING THAT I LOVE! Pasta, bread, cookies, basically all the good stuff. But this is not a post about what I cant eat, or what a huge loss I am currently feeling about the lack of pasta in my life. This is a post about the new adventure I am now on. More specifically it is about the most delicious cupcakes I just made that are completely gluten free. No flour is NOT the end of the world (I hope). So these amazing cupcakes may lack flour, but they do not lack flavor. You can find the recipe here and indulge in its delightfulness.  So now for the pictures (the best part of any blog in my mind).
They may not look like much but frosting has a magic way
of making not-so-impressive- baked goods look FABULOUS!
Pure beauty
The frosting was a chocolate buttercream concoction that I found in a recipe book I have had forever. I actually highly recommend the book to all fellow chocolate lovers, its called Chocolate on the Brain and its choc full of delicious chocolate recipes. But enough about that. These cupcakes turned out to be MUCH better than expected, and you can trust my opinion because I am quite the cupcake connoisseur. They were rich and moist and perfectly chocolatey. Now that i know that cupcakes are not off the 'do-not-eat' list I am a bit less upset about that whole 'no-pasta' thing. But who knows, i found this wonderful recipe, there may be a gluten free pasta (that's worth eating) out there in the world. Wouldn't that be nice? So off i head on a new adventure that will (hopefully) bring me less stomach aches, more recipes and many more cupcakes! The adventure starts NOW!
This is the definition of yum-tastic.



2 comments:

  1. yeah girl! these sound delectable :) youre so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those actually do look good...and they are gluten free? score!

    ReplyDelete