Monday, June 25, 2012

Elizabethan Fashion

Fashion is made to become unfashionable. 
-Coco Chanel

This look may not work in our
modern society...
So I am watching the movie 'Elizabeth', (great movie by the way!) and the fashion is just FABULOUS! It almost makes me wish that we were in the golden age where flouncy skirts, corsets, elaborate embroidery and rich colors were the norm. Not that I am complaining, I mean I couldn't live without the LBD! But maybe there is a way to mesh the two? I was perusing Dolce and Gabbana's Fall RTW line and I think they may just have done it! You can view the entire collection here  but i'm including some of my fave looks! So enjoy! And maybe mix a bit of Elizabethan drama into your wardrobe! 

This is my favorite look from the collection
So Chic!
A mix of modern and old world era.
Texture, gold,  mock-corset...beautiful
This one looks a little to 'bo peep' for me but still cute!
Don't let her disapproving look fool you,
she loves these dresses...

1 comment:

  1. oh you know i believe i was born in the wrong era...i love Elizabethan fashion! it is so lady-like and elegant.

    ReplyDelete