Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hide and go seek!


There are many different kinds of hide and seek players...especially in the 6 and under age group. My kids are across the board when it comes to their particular way of playing this game.
Under A Coat in the Closet...So Creative!
 Lily is by far the ultimate player. She actually scares me sometimes because I can't even find her! I have spent more time than I would like to admit searching for my stealth little 6 yr. old. She is what I will classify as the 'ultimate' of the hide and seek variety. On the opposite side of the spectrum is Caleb. Sometimes his hiding spot is directly in front of whoever is counting. Other 'brilliant' hiding spots consist of standing in the doorway of a closet (with the door wide open), under a table with some body part still visible, or when he's feeling sneaky it's the exact same cupboard he always hides in. today though he surprised me by hiding under the bed (giggling the whole time). We can classify Caleb’s type as the 'hide-and-seek-is-more-fun-when-your-found-right-away'. 
In His Favorite Cupboard
Under The Bed...
And then there is Christian, who falls squarely in the middle. Now don't get me wrong, Christian is a great hider and he would put other 5 yr. olds to shame with his mad skills, but he has his usual spots and rarely changes it up. He's not like Caleb in that he has one 'good' place and doesn't branch out from that, but he's not quite like lily and her apt for creativity. Lily has been known to pile clothes on herself to go un-detected. Christian, while not a 'clothes-piler' is quite the 'cupboard-hider' and if you have seen my kitchen you know that he has a good amount of potential hiding spots and the seeker had quite a few doors to open. So Christian can be classified as an 'any-small-space-will-do'. So there you have it.
 I have classified each of my children in a 'stage-type' theory of hide and go seek. Piaget would be proud! So next time you play this timeless game of wits, take a moment to figure out which type your little hider is. And more importantly...what kind of hider are you? Me? I'm a 'hide-behind-the-most-opportune-door' type of gal. What are you?






1 comment:

  1. I love you and think you are an awesome hide and seek opponent and a wonderful mom. So pretty much just keep being you! -Jon

    ReplyDelete